Christian Horizons (CH) has grown from one nursing home over 50 years ago to one of the largest faith-based not-for-profits in the country with 13 communities across 4 states. The CH family of ministries also includes Senior Care Pharmacy, CareLink nurse-guided care and Safe Haven Hospice. Experience a new pathway to senior living – a future in which older adults thrive.
We offer a place to live your faith, a place to grow and be valued. As a faith-based organization, we strive to provide resident-centered, cost-effective health care programs and services to each and every resident in our community.
We are seeking Restorative/Rehab Nursing Assistant to provide direct care to residents, under supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with community policies and procedures and report resident needs and concerns to a licensed nurse.
* Provide rehab and restorative nursing care as directed by the Residents’ care plans.
* Document Resident treatments as directed by corporate guidelines.
* Assist in the training of other nursing assistants on proper procedures for transfers, ambulation, bed mobility, positioning, splints/contracture care, and PROM/AROMs as directed.
* Assign Resident wheelchairs upon admission. Log and tag all Resident equipment as directed by corporate guidelines.
* Act as a Certified Nursing Assistant when needed.
* Report any change of condition in Residents immediately to supervisor on duty.
* Conduct Resident rounds as assigned.
* Complete any admission or discharge procedures as directed.
* Foster self-respect and a feeling of worth in each Resident by consistent kindness, understanding, and patience in their care.
* Participate in the Resident care planning process as assigned.
* Use proper equipment and techniques to ensure safety of Residents and staff.
* Complete all required documentation accurately and timely, following all community policies and procedures.
* Assist Residents with meals, hydration, nourishment, and transportation.
* Ensure quality customer service to the Residents, families, and staff the department serves.
* Consistently work cooperatively with Residents, staff, volunteers, and families to ensure Residents are receiving the best quality care.
* Come to work as scheduled and consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality.
* Use proper care and use of equipment and waste disposal procedures in accordance with corporate policies and procedures.
* Participate in all in-services and activities as required.
* Follow all written and oral directions as given by supervisor.
* Observe all community policies and procedures, including but not limited to safety, infection control, Residents’ rights, and those contained in the employee handbook.
* Maintain the confidentiality of all protected health information whether electronic, written, or oral exposed to either during the course of assigned duties or as a result of an incidental disclosure.
* Apply the Minimum Necessary Standard in all matters related to Residents’ protected health information.